Hi! It’s been WAY too long since I’ve updated. So what’s new in my writing career? Let me sum it up for you:
- In July 2017, I graduated from Cedar Crest College’s fabulous Pan-European MFA program with an MFA in Fiction while in Barcelona (and six months preggo!).
- In September 2018, I signed with Amy Brewer of Metamorphosis Literary Agency because she fell in love with my new adult novel currently titled Second Best.
- These past few months she has been putting Second Best on submission to various editors. News to come!
- I’m working hard on my next novel currently titled The Girl with the Purple Hair. It’s a YA novel with elements of love, teen angst, an abusive parent, and death. But when I say death, I mean afterlife, too. There’s strong paranormal elements in this one that I’m really excited about!
- I have plans to edit my YA novel Catalyst in the near future so we can send it on submission to editors shortly.
That’s my writing life in a nutshell. I also write proposals for a clinical trial company full time so I’m literally ALWAYS writing. I live and breathe it!
In addition to these projects, I have two other YA novels in mind. One is based in Vienna and I have two chapters written and need to flesh out some more. Vienna stole my heart and it deserves it’s own novel and more, really. The other I have a loose outline for and is based in Hershey, PA. I got the idea for it when I was visiting family in Lancaster, PA back in 2018. I’m really excited about both. There just isn’t enough time in the day to write as much as I’d like to write!
Well, that’s about it for now. I’ll try to keep you posted on all things writing as my career progresses!